1. I am silly, creative, firm, and strange.
2. I appreciate any good book recommendations. Mystery, education, and thought-provoking books are my favorite.
3. I am a singer, writer, dancer, musician, artist, and performer.
4. I will eat oranges forever. I will eat green apples with peanut butter second.
5. I am a detailed planner and I ask a lot of questions.
6. OJ in the morning, no coffee please.
7. I can adapt or show flexibility to new situations with ease and I am proud of this trait.
8. I am most happy in places where different perspectives are shared and valued.
9. I crave settings that allow thoughts and ideas to respectfully bounce around from one mind to the next.
10. I push thinking because I expect others to do the same for me.
Jamelle Jones is a teacher who learns from her colleagues, her students, and her community. After completing her B.A. in Literature/Writing at the University of California, San Diego, Jamelle stayed at UCSD to receive her M.Ed in Teaching and Learning and Multiple Subject Teaching Credential. She loves working within the High Tech community as she completed graduate work during HTeCV's opening year and became a part of the founding faculty as an Academic Coach and the Aftercare Coordinator for High Tech Elementary's North County campus in 2013/2014. Her favorite moments occur when she is celebrating her students or laughing with her students throughout the day. When Jamelle is not working, you will find her composing music, finding a sweet orange, reading a great book, eating green apples with peanut butter, thinking some complex thought, or spending time with friends and family. Click here for more.